Auto Layout is the future of laying out your user interfaces on Apple's macOS and iOS platforms. While powerful, Auto Layout also comes with a fairly steep learning curve that can cause headaches for many developers.
Justin Williams aims to demystify Auto Layout for you by building a foundation based on the history of Auto Layout, its key terminology, and real-world applications of its power in an easy to read eBook.
- An introduction to Auto Layout
- The history of Auto Layout
- How Auto Layout works behind the scenes
- Key terminology to achieve zen
- Mastering constraints in Interface Builder
- Dealing with ambiguity and conflicting constraints
- Working with localization
- Size Classes and Auto Layout
- Layout Guides
- Layout Anchors
- Working with margins
- Debugging constraints
ReviewsIf you’re an iOS or Mac developer, “Achieving Zen With Auto Layout” book is essential reading. — Nik FletcherJust learned about Justin’s book “Achieving Zen With Auto Layout” & couldn’t hit the buy button fast enough: — John Fox
One of the best explanations of Auto Layout I've seen for sure. — Jeremiah Palmer